|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on January 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM|
Having a well manicured hand is important. When you're signing that all important contract, or giving that coworker a handshake for a job well done, your hands should look good. Here are some tips to have a good diy gel manicure at home.
- Do your homework and select the best product. The Gelish Mini Basix Kit ($50), is a good option.
- Prepare a good surface by covering the area you will be working in, reading the directions for use, and laying out all the tools needed.
- File nails and push back cuticles. Skin attached to a nail plate will make the polish lift or peel. Use an alcohol based cleaner, on a lint free wipe to clean the nails.
- Apply the base coat, color, and topcoat in thin layers, as directed. Each layer will have to cure in the UV light.
- Follow the set of directions clearly when allowing the nails to cure. Cure time is usually 30 - 60 seconds for each coat.
- Use another lint free wipe and nail cleaner to remove the stickiness.
- Admire your nice, shiny nails. They'll probably stay chip-free, and pretty for about 10 days.
Another option to just regular polish that can chip quicker then we would like it to. Available for an affordable budget. Go out and get "chip free!"
Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
Categories: On The Lips Of People