|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on November 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM|
When done properly, eyelashes can give you length and thickness and make it look like your wearing eyeliner. Certain mascaras may come close to achieving the look that eyelashes can, but to get the full look, a professional can get you all hooked up. Here are some tips when visiting a Pro for lash extensions:
- Have an idea and communicate with the technician, what look you want to achieve. Also know what kind of lashes you want to use. The selection of eyelashes may include the following. Mink - natural looking, expensive; synthetic - not as expensive; silk - lightweight, not to pricey.
- The lashes are glued to your own lashes, at the top only, one by one. Their placed as close to the root as possible. Be prepared to stay for a minute.
- Be sure to ask, and pay attention, to how you should care for the lashes. Also ask what products to avoid with the lashes.
- Lashes fall out naturally every 30 - 60 days. Your lash extensions may last up to two months, but they should be touched up maybe every 3 - 4 weeks. Mascara can be used to fill in any sparse areas. Spring for the good mascara that will add volume and length.
In addition to what to know when getting the lashes, be knowledgeable of some drawbacks too:
- Some glues can irritate the eyes. Ask if the glue is ophthalmologist-tested and formaldehyde-free.
- Removing eye makeup can be tricky. Anything cotton will catch them.
- You should not rub your eyes at all. Wearing contacts is fine though.
- Extensions from a Pro can range from $125 and up. Some touch-ups can begin at $75. Spend your money wisely.
Lashes can make you look great any time of the day, and can give you that glamorous feel. Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
Categories: On The Lips Of People