Welcome to the CRAVE Beauty Blog! This blog will keep you current on happenings within our company, as well as some hot topics within the beauty world. Enjoy!
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on January 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM||comments (0)|
Having a well manicured hand is important. When you're signing that all important contract, or giving that coworker a handshake for a job well done, your hands should look good. Here are some tips to have a good diy gel manicure at home.
- Do your homework and select the best product. The Gelish Mini Basix Kit ($50), is a good option.
- Prepare a good surface by covering the area you will be working in, reading the directions for use, and laying out all the tools needed.
- File nails and push back cuticles. Skin attached to a nail plate will make the polish lift or peel. Use an alcohol based cleaner, on a lint free wipe to clean the nails.
- Apply the base coat, color, and topcoat in thin layers, as directed. Each layer will have to cure in the UV light.
- Follow the set of directions clearly when allowing the nails to cure. Cure time is usually 30 - 60 seconds for each coat.
- Use another lint free wipe and nail cleaner to remove the stickiness.
- Admire your nice, shiny nails. They'll probably stay chip-free, and pretty for about 10 days.
Another option to just regular polish that can chip quicker then we would like it to. Available for an affordable budget. Go out and get "chip free!"
Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on January 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM||comments (1)|
We are well into 2013, and with a new year comes new changes, and goals that we strive to meet. Well in order to do this one must be highly motivated, and charged.
"A charged life is a consciously designed existence that feels evenly engaged, energized, and enthusiastic." It is not just a momentarily feeling that comes and goes. Being highly charged means doing the following.
- Make a plan with realistic goals.
- Work on your plan each day.
- Align yourself with like minded people.
- Keep the mind, and body charged, with positive readings, food, and thoughts.
In order to lead a more powerful life, you need to know the things that drive all human emotions and what give us happiness. By knowing these things, and becoming truly present in the moment, they will keep you energized and give you a sense of happiness that will transcend into other things that you do. The journey to find these things out may not be easy, and they may bring some sort of discomfort. So buckle your seat belts and hang on for the ride.
Until next time, "Be present and engaged in the moment to be the most powerful. Be You!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on January 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM||comments (0)|
Face oils can provide hydration, and leave skin fresh and glow-y, but not to greasy. Here are a couple of reasons to try them out.
- Facial oil can remove waterproof mascara, long-wearing eye shadow, and lipstick, and it won't strip the skin.
- The fatty-acid oils are good for the face, and for the hair. Use to tame frizz and flyaways. Just a dab will do.
- Add a drop of oil to a cream or liquid foundation. Will make it more sheer, and hydrating.
- The facial oils may contain a lovely scent like jasmine, or sandalwood. Dab a little on your wrist.
- Dab a little on your cheekbones, or on your shoulders after your finish your makeup. Nice natural highlight.
There you have it. Some quick uses for facial oil. Try some today!
Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on January 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM||comments (0)|
Looking to give your mane a new look, having straight, sleek hair may be just for you. Having straight hair can either be done bad, or right. This blog post is going to help you get that straight look that is making a comeback. Here's the scoop!
- Nourish, hydrate, or repair your hair with a small dab all over your hair with a paddle brush. Let it set for about 10 minutes, then shampoo, rinse, and comb your conditioner from the roots to the ends of your locks. Rinse, then wrap your hair in a towel.
- Don't blow dry your hair in the bathroom. Why? To much humidity. Try doing this step in the bedroom.
- Before you blow dry spray in a leave-in conditioner, or a silicone based heat protectant. Then dab some anti-frizz serum, or a cream for curly hair, from the roots to your ends.
- Use a vented paddle brush while you blow dry your hair straight down using the nozzle attachment
- Before your done, switch to a medium-sized brush with boar and nylon bristles. Use the brush underneath, stretch the hair up to the roots and then use downward strokes with a slight arc.
- For the finale, spray with a lightweight shine spray to make it glossy.
Follow these tips and you'll have straight hair that looks like it's styled by a pro.
Until next time..."CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on January 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM||comments (0)|
Happy New Year everyone! Today is the first day for you to do SOMETHING that will bring out the best in you. We are excited about the new year and what it may bring, and we are delighted to share our moments with you.
When we look at what 2012 has brought us, we have learned from our successes and failures. Through it all we have remained honest, and true to our beliefs. For 2013, our goal is to partner with people that share the same goals as we do. Be taking CRAVE Beauty - Be You! to the next level, we want to inspire, and be inspired, to be the most powerful self that is possible.
At the new year people are influenced to make goals, and resolutions, that will improve their life in the coming year. We challenge you to do the following:
- Set realistic goals
- Take time to appreciate what you have currently
- Enrich your self by learning something new
- Reward yourself for the goals you accomplish
- Learn from the failures that you will face
We invite you to become a member of CRAVE Beauty - Be You! Be inspired, motivated, and do something for 2013.
Until next time..."Be You!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on November 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM||comments (0)|
Well we have been moving towards progression for CRAVE Beauty - Be You! We have begun laying the ground work for the Blog Talk Radio show in 2013. We are in the middle of developing the show and the contents of it.
We have secured a very qualified person to help with the editing so we can bring the show to you in the best way possible. We want everything that we do to be consistent with the CRAVE Beauty brand. So we are working with the Pros at Blog Talk Radio, and our internet show editor, to create a 30 - minute segment that will be well produced, and of great content.
Please feel free to leave us a comment to share with us what topics you may want to hear about, our tell us about your company. Who knows we may want to feature you, or your topic, on the show.
Until next time "CRAVE Beauty. Be the most powerful you TODAY!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on November 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM||comments (1)|
When done properly, eyelashes can give you length and thickness and make it look like your wearing eyeliner. Certain mascaras may come close to achieving the look that eyelashes can, but to get the full look, a professional can get you all hooked up. Here are some tips when visiting a Pro for lash extensions:
- Have an idea and communicate with the technician, what look you want to achieve. Also know what kind of lashes you want to use. The selection of eyelashes may include the following. Mink - natural looking, expensive; synthetic - not as expensive; silk - lightweight, not to pricey.
- The lashes are glued to your own lashes, at the top only, one by one. Their placed as close to the root as possible. Be prepared to stay for a minute.
- Be sure to ask, and pay attention, to how you should care for the lashes. Also ask what products to avoid with the lashes.
- Lashes fall out naturally every 30 - 60 days. Your lash extensions may last up to two months, but they should be touched up maybe every 3 - 4 weeks. Mascara can be used to fill in any sparse areas. Spring for the good mascara that will add volume and length.
In addition to what to know when getting the lashes, be knowledgeable of some drawbacks too:
- Some glues can irritate the eyes. Ask if the glue is ophthalmologist-tested and formaldehyde-free.
- Removing eye makeup can be tricky. Anything cotton will catch them.
- You should not rub your eyes at all. Wearing contacts is fine though.
- Extensions from a Pro can range from $125 and up. Some touch-ups can begin at $75. Spend your money wisely.
Lashes can make you look great any time of the day, and can give you that glamorous feel. Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on November 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM|
Hey all! "Thank you," for all the support that we have received thus far. After some thinking about how we can be of service to others that may need that extra push towards living their best life, we decided to create, "Be You!." Be You! promotes the ability for you to use your talents, skills, and your inner and outer beauty, to be the most powerful you.
Be You! will operate on a global level. We reach out to women, and men, from all walks of life. We use the power of social media, and the internet, to connect, and bring the Be You! message to others. In the new economy, we have seen lives change and the nation shift to a different way of life. Now more then ever, it's important to "think outside the box," and live the life that brings out the best in you! Be You! will be accessible by becoming a member of our Facebook group. By joining Be You! on Facebook, you will receive exclusive content for online chats, live calls, and things to inspire and motivate you.
CRAVE Beauty is super EXCITED to bring this to you. To share, and grow, with you will be good for the soul, and for business. Please sign up for our Be You! group TODAY! Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on November 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM|
Here it is...the last of the series! For this post we will touch on how to get great coverage for a special event. We will discuss tips for a flawless full coverage face. Read on!
- Use foundations with botanical oils because they are more silky and moisturizing. "Yes," you will pay more, but you'll look great.
- To be "oil-free," look for a product that has some glycerin in it. It prevents over drying and will not clog your pores up.
- Try a mousse foundation, instead of a straight matte foundation. You'll appear more velvety.
- When using a pressed/compact formula, use it with a dry brush over another foundation for a sheer finish.
- A liquid product will feel thin going on, but provides full coverage.
- A long-wearing fluid makeup will last all day but won't look cakey as the day wears.
- A mineral foundation can cover imperfections and mute redness.
There you have it! The finishing touch of the four-part series. We hope that you enjoyed all the posts, and found some useful tips.
Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty. It's As Simple As That!"
|Posted by CRAVE Beauty on November 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM||comments (0)|
Hey all! After many ups and downs, the CRAVE Beauty products have officially launched! You can now view the products at the online store: http://cravebeauty.webs.com/apps/webstore/. Please feel free to shop, and contact us with any questions that you may have. Now to the next order of business.
We often get asked about our opinion on subjects like makeup trends, love issues, and work related topics. Well after much consideration we have decided to touch on these subjects too. One of the missions of why we started CRAVE Beauty, was we want people to feel good, and sexy, about who they are. Sometimes the tumbles we take in life can make that so heavy on us, that it can show on our outward being. Well we want you to know we are right there with you.
Very soon we will post our thoughts on various subjects that may hit home for you. These thoughts are not what you should do, but they can maybe give you some things to ponder as you make your decisions. If you have anything that you may want us to touch on within a post, hit us up by using the "Contact Us" form.
Until next time, "CRAVE Beauty - It's As Simple As That!"